Peptide Tools to Study HCMV
About Human Cytomegalovirus
HCMV or HHV-5 belongs to the family of Herpesviridae and is known to establish latency in leukocytes. At least 40% of adults worldwide have been exposed to HCMV. Whereas it is typically unnoticed in healthy individuals, HCMV infection can become life-threatening for high-risk groups such as pre- and postnatal infants or immunocompromised individuals e.g HIV-infected patients and organ transplant recipients. Therefore, these individuals require regular immune monitoring to detect acute HCMV infections.
HCMV in Research
Studies in humans and animal models have demonstrated a critical role for both CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell immunity in limiting viral replication and preventing the clinical manifestations of progressive infection. Many studies focus on pp65 for general immune monitoring. However, other antigens can be immune relevant and are often investigated in HCMV vaccine development. Furthermore, HCMV specific humoral immune responses have been reported and correlated to viral load.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study HCMV:
-> PepMix™ Peptide Pools
- Immune monitoring of high-risk patients
- Qualification of immunodominant antigens
- Validating clinical T-cell assays
- PepMix™ Collection HCMV: 19 different antigens
- HCMV PepMix™ Peptide Pools: Individual peptide pools for IE-1, IE-2, pp65, UL28, UL32, UL36, UL40, UL48, UL55, UL82, UL86, UL94, UL99, UL103, UL151, UL153, US3, US24, US29 and US32
- Tailored HCMV PepMix™ Peptide Pools tailored for your specific needs!
- T-cell assays
- High-throughput T-cell epitope discovery
- Monitoring of cellular immune response
- Clinical trials
- Immune monitoring of humoral responses
- Profiling of HCMV specific samples or antibodies
- Evaluation of co-infection
- Detection of epitopes and epitope spreading
- Peptide microarrays for IE-1, IE-2, pp65, UL28, UL32, UL36, UL40, UL48, UL55, UL82, UL86, UL94, UL99, UL103, UL151, UL153, US3, US24, US29 and US32
- Antigen Collection with all of the above on one microarray
- Tailored PepStar™ Peptide Microarrays, you define content and layout