Peptide Tools to Study Influenza Virus
About the Influenza Virus
Influenza viruses belong to the orthomyxoviridae family. These are enveloped viruses with a segmented, negative-sense, single- stranded RNA genome. Only orthomyxoviridae Influenza type A and B cause disease in humans. Their main antigenic determinants are the two transmembrane proteins hemagglutinin (‘H’ or ‘HA’) and neuraminidase (‘N’ or ‘NA’).
The combinations of specific variants of the H (H1-H18) and N (N1-N11) proteins are used to classify Influenza A viruses into subtypes. The standard WHO nomenclature for a given human influenza virus comprises the genus (‘A’), the geographical site where they were first identified (e.g. Hong Kong), a serial number and the identification year (e.g. 1/1968), and finally the H and N variants.
JPT offers a range of highly relevant Influenza virus-specific antigen peptides, PepMix™ peptide pools and PepStar™ peptide microarrays.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study Influenza
Cellular Immune Response
PepMix Peptide Pool applications include
- Antigen specific stimulation of T-cells
- Immune monitoring of high-risk patients
- Identification of immunodominant antigens
- Validating clinical T-cell assays
The following Influenza A PepMix™ Peptide Pools are available
- H1N1 (Brisbane): HA
- H1N1 (California): HA, Membrane protein 1 &2, NA
- H1N1 (Puerto Rico): HA
- H2N2 (AnnArbor): Membrane protein 1 &2, Nucleocapsid protein
- H3N2 (HongKong) : HA, MP1, Nucleocapsid protein
- H5N1 (Indonesia): HA
- H5N1 (Turkey): NA
- H10N8 (Jiangxi): HA
Among others, our positive control pools also contain Influenza A antigens (CEF, CEFT, EF).
PepMix Ultra Pools
- reflect sequence variety
- specialist and selected peptide sequences
- Influenza A (M1) Ultra
- Influenza B (M1) Ultra
- T-cell assays
- High-throughput T-cell epitope discovery
- Monitoring of cellular immune response
JPT also offers custom-designed PepMix™ Peptide Pools for your specific needs!
Humoral Immune Response
PepStar™ Peptide Microarray applications include
- Immune monitoring of humoral responses
- Profiling of Influenza-specific samples or antibodies
- Detection of epitopes and epitope spreading
The following Influenza A PepStar™ Peptide Microarrays are available
- H1N1 (Brisbane): HA
- H1N1 (California): HA, NA, membrane protein 1 &2,
- H3N2: Membrane protein 1, nucleocapsid protein
- Antigen Collection Influenza A Ultra
JPT also offers custom designed tailored PepStar™ Peptide Microarrays
You define content and layout, we provide economic and fast production in our regulated clean-room environment.
Ship your samples and obtain high-quality results analysed by experts! We also offer a complete assay and analysis service for your samples using your own, custom-designed peptide microarray.
JPT’s clinical peptide product lines, ‘Clinical Grade’ and ‘ISO Plus’, are produced in a tightly regulated production environment according to an enhanced ISO 9001:2015 quality management system for the stringent product requirements of immunotherapy, vaccine, and drug development. Our products have been approved for clinical use with respect to specific immunotherapeutic applications.