Peptide Tools to Study Autoimmune Diseases
About Autoimmune Diseases
- Abnormal immune responses directed towards the body's own proteins (self-antigens)
- Leads to tissue damage
- 80 types of autoimmune diseases known such as systemic lupus erythematosus, celiac disease, diabetes mellitus type 1, Graves' disease, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Causes are mostly unknown, diagnosis can be difficult
- Treatments can improve symptoms
- Autoimmune diseases cannot be cured
Target & Epitope Discovery
Target and epitope discovery represent major challenges to enable early diagnosis and the development of suitable treatment strategies. JPT possesses a variety of unique high-throughput peptide-based technologies enabling deep discovery of relevant targets as well as systematic discovery of B- and T-cell epitopes.
In addition, our ultra-fast and cost efficient peptide synthesis strategies together with sophisticated bioinformatics approaches enable sequence diversity considerations (splice variants, mutations etc.) and post-translational modifications that have not previously been addressed from proteome-spanning perspectives.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study Autoimmune Diseases