Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
About RSVRespiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is a negative-sense single-stranded RNA virus belonging to the family of pneumoviridae. The spherical envelope structure of the virus is comprised of a lipid layer and transmembrane surface proteins such as glycoproteins, fusion proteins, and small hydrophobic proteins. Moreover, the inner helical nucleocapsid formation is surrounded by matrix proteins, and other regulatory proteins. Human RSV distinguishes between two antigen subtypes (A and B).
RSV transmission typically occurs via droplet. While RSV infection is common in all age groups usually causing cold-like symptoms, the amount of symptoms are amplified and more pronounced in children, infants and elderly in the form of lower and upper respiratory tract infections (bronchiolitis), nasal congestion, and fever.
Worldwide this virus is the leading cause of pneumonia in infants, with 30M According to the WHO hospitalization rates and 60.000 deaths attributed to the infection. In Winter 2022/2023 hospitalization rates for infants and children surged to seven times the rate of 2018, pre SARS-CoV-2 pandemic measures, pushing the need for current vaccines development and treatment innovations.
JPT provides a plethora of different PepMix Peptide Pools and PepStar Peptide Microarrays for epitope mapping, and cellular and humoral immune monitoring, respectively, for both Human RSV-A and RSV-B.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study RSV
Cellular Immune Response
JPT offers custom peptide synthesis, peptide libraries, microarrays and pools for research and development of vaccines, diagnostics and therapy. We provide knowledgeable support, high quality, flexible and innovative formats combined with expert expertise to bring forward your research project.
PepMix Peptide Pools
- efficient for antigen-specific stimulation in T cell assays such as ELISPOT and flow cytometry
- highest quality and batch-to-batch consistency, whole production ISO 9001 certified
- PepMix Peptide Pools for various RSV virus antigens
- PepMix Pan-RSV Select: coming soon
- Custom PepMix Peptide Pools tailored to your specific needs
- T-cell assays High-throughput T-cell epitope discovery
- Monitoring of cellular immune response
- Monitoring of cellular response
We are the experts for peptide synthesis with highest quality optimized for many applications. Our peptide synthesis service has a very high success rate (over 99%) as we optimize the appropriate peptide synthesis method for each peptide. If you would like to order a quality peptide synthesis using regulated processes, choose JPT!
Humoral Immune Response
- Immune monitoring of humoral responses
- Profiling of monkeypox-specific samples or antibodies
- Evaluation of co-infection * Detection of epitopes and epitope spreading
- PepStar Peptide Microarrays for various Vaccinia virus antigens: e.g. Protein L3, IMV heparin binding surface protein, cell surface-binding protein and more
- Custom PepStar Peptide Micoarrays: you define content and layout
In addition to high-content peptide microarrays, JPT offers the development of peptide based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA). This common analytical and highly sensitive immunological assay is well established for proteins but requires detailed experimental expertise for peptides.