We are the peptide experts not only for custom peptide synthesis, peptide libraries , peptide pools and peptide microarrays but also for designing and producing specialty peptides such as modified peptides with various peptide modifications and labeled peptides with highest quality for even complex or unusual peptide sequences. Our highly skilled and committed scientific staff ensures that the most appropriate methods and techniques are selected for every peptide project. The exceptional quality and reliability of our synthesis service has been appreciated by customers worldwide for many years.
For clinical applications in the area of peptide-based immunotherapies and vaccine development please refer to our Clinical Peptides page. For detailed information on specific peptide modifications and peptide labels please click on the icons below!
Modified Peptides and Specialty Peptides:
Our Service Includes
- Consultation with experienced scientists & excellent service
- Help for peptide design by our experts if needed
- Optimized peptide synthesis methods and protocols
- Development or optimization of synthesis strategies for complex peptides
- Reliable quality control using state-of-the-art techniques
- Competitive prices
Quality Control & Analyses
Each specialty peptide is analyzed by LC-MS, MALDI-MS or HPLC to confirm its identity and quality.
Optional peptide analyses are:
- AAA (amino acid analysis)
- NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance)
- UHPLC (Ultra-HPLC)
- Residual solvent and water determination
- Solubility or stability testing
For further QC/QA options, e.g. for clinical applications please check our Clinical Peptides page. For detailed information on specific peptide modifications and peptide labels please click on the icons below!
JPT has vast experience in designing and producing modified and specialty peptides. Peptide synthesis options include but are not limited to the following.
Biotinylated and Tagged Peptides
- N and C-terminal (via Lysine)
- Reversible: Desthiobiotin
- Epitope Tags (Flag Tag, HA Tag, Myc Tag)
- Different linkers/spacers available (e.g. S-S)
- Alkyne: e.g. propargylglycine, DIBAC, BCN, etc.
- Azide: e.g. azido-Ala, azido-homoAla, azido-Lys, 4‑azidophenylalanine, etc.
- Standard (amide, acid), ester (e.g. OMe), aldehyde, thiol (Cys side chain), biotin (Lys or Cys side chain), fluorescein (Lys side chain), pNA, Amc, hydrazide, hydroxamic acid, chloromethyl ketone (CMK)
- Cys-Cys (up to 4 disulfide bonds in one peptide, site-specific or thermodynamic cyclization)
- Cyclized peptides via amide (head-to-tail or side-chain-to-side-chain)
- Click chemistry
- Thioether (Cys-bromoacetate)
Fluorescent Dye Labeled Peptides
- Labeling at many positions, e.g. N-terminal, C-terminal (via Cystein / Lysine side chain)
- e.g. Abz, Mca, Amc, 5(6)-FAM, 5-FAM, 6‑FAM, FITC, Tamra, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa, Dylight, Atto, Bodipy, etc.
Internally Quenched / FRET Peptides
- Guaranteed without fluorescent impurities
- e.g. Abz/Dnp, Abz/NitroTyr, Mca/Dnp, Edans/Dabcyl, FAM/Dabcyl, Lucifer Yellow / Dabsyl etc.
Isotope Labeled Peptides
- 13C, 15N, 2H labeled peptides are synthesized with the help of heay labeled amino acids
- Depending on availability of building block
Linker / Spacer / PEGylations
- Different functionalities can be served with a variety of molecules
- e.g. Ttds, Ahx, div. PEG linkers
- Up to approx. 70-100 Aas
- Fragment condensation and native chemical ligation
- Acetyl, pyroglutamyl (Pyr), palmitoyl (and other fatty acids), formyl, biotin, maleimide (e.g. 6-maleimidohexanoic acid, Mca), thiol (e.g. 3-mercaptopropyl, Mpa), azide, dyes, quenchers, radioligands (e.g. Dota, Nota, Hynic)
- e.g. Cys-maleimide thioether, disulfide, click chemistry, amide
- Homodimers and heterodimers
Peptide Pooling and Library Service
- PepMixes™ (off-the-shelf and tailored pools of overlapping peptides for T cell stimulation)
- PepTrack™ (flexible peptide libraries, e.g overlapping peptide scans)
- Non-proteinogenic building blocks
- Conformational stabilization
- Peptide bond isosters
- Peptide optimization service
Protein Conjugates /Immunogenic Peptides
- Conjugation to KLH, BSA, OVA, HSA
- Conjugation via Cystein, C-terminal, N-terminal (site-directed)
- MAPs (multiple antigenic peptides)
- Palmitoylation, Pam3Cys labeling, etc.
(PTMs) Post-translational Modifications
- Arginine modifications, e.g. methyl (sym/asym), citrulline
- Lysine modifications, e.g. mono/di/tri methyl, acetyl, propanoyl, butanoyl, malonyl, succinyl, GG(ubiquitinyl)
- Phosphate analogs
- Cystein and Methionine modifications (e.g. carbamidoylation, oxidation)
- e.g. Histone peptides
Unnatural Amino Acids
- Virtually any commercially available amino acid and customized amino acids can be incorporated in our custom peptides
- e.g. D-amino acids, homo amino acids, N-methyl amino acids, alpha-methyl amino acids, beta (homo) amino acids, gamma amino acids, helix/turn stabilizing motifs, backbone modifications (e.g. peptoids)
"Our research relies heavily on developing robust high-throughput screens with fluorescent peptides. We have found that JPT's are the best on the market because the signal-to-noise ratio is very high, providing the sensitivity we need for the screens. Their peptides always perform well. In addition, the knowledge, wonderful customer support, and fast turnaround time provided by JPT have been invaluable in helping us develop the best peptides for our assays."
Prof. Carla Koehler, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Read more testimonials
Request a price for
Custom Peptide Synthesis
Everything You Need To Know about Peptides
Check our new educational webpage about Peptide Formats
Boost Peptide Reliability with Peptide Analysis Services
JPT not only is the expert for peptide synthesis, but also conducts a wide variety of peptide analysis services.
Improve your Assays with PTM Reference Peptide Standards
JPT launches The Human Proteome Peptide Catalog
Discover Sirtuin 1-6 Modulators!
--> Read more News