For effective immunization and generation of anti-peptide antibodies, the use of peptide-protein conjugates (peptides conjugated to carrier proteins e.g. BSA, KLH, RSA) is recommended since peptides alone are usually insufficient in generating an immune response. We offer a peptide conjugation service based on our long-term experience.
- Peptide synthesis and purification
- Find a suited conjugation chemistry to couple your peptides to the carrier molecule
- We can help to select the most suitable carrier protein to improve the chance of producing high titer antibodies towards the peptide antigen of interest
Choose the best carrier protein for your conjugate:
- The conjugated immunogen should present a peptide epitope similar to that observed in the native protein
- The correct orientation and flexibility should be mimicked
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin (KLH) or bovine serum albumin (BSA) are routinely used as carrier proteins.
Many carrier proteins (e.g. ovalbumin, thyroglobulin, tetanus toxoid, diphtheria toxoid, tuberculin PPD) and conjugation procedures (e.g. glutaraldehyde, bis-diazotised tolidine (BDT), carbodiimide) are available upon request.
Application for Peptide Conjugates
- Immunization for antibody generation
Specifications for Peptide Conjugates
- Different crosslinking chemistries available (MBS, WSC, glutaraldehyde and more)
o Glutaraldehyde - links carrier molecules to N-terminus of peptide
o Carbodiimide (WSC), - attaches carrier to C-terminus of peptide
o Succinimide esters (e.g. MBS, SMCC) - binds free amino group and Cys residues
- Different carriers available (KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, thyroglobulin and more)
- Purification: low molecular weight contaminants will be eliminated by size filtration
- QC/QA: MALDI MS (except for KLH)
- Small organic molecule conjugation available
- Amount: 1 to 100mg/peptide can be conjugated
- Delivery: as chilled peptide-conjugate solutions
- Our peptide synthesis, purification as well as aliquotation and pooling are controlled by our ISO certified quality management system.
Testimonials for Peptide Conjugates
"AbD Serotec uses JPT’s custom peptide services for many years to generate large numbers of monoclonal antibodies. With the consistent high quality services, the competent customer support and the stringent QA/QC procedures JPT clearly became our preferred peptide partner"
Dr. Karin Jury, AbD Serotec – A Division of Morphosys, Munich, Germany
Selected References for Peptide Conjugates
"Human Adenosine A2A Receptor Binds Calmodulin with High Affinity in a Calcium-Dependent Manner Identification of Protective Linear B-cell Epitopes on the Subolesin/akirin Orthologues of Ornithodoros spp. Soft Ticks"
Manzano-Román et al., Vaccine (2015) - PMID: 25597941
"Method For Diagnosing or Monitoring Kidney Function or Diagnosing Kidney Dysfunction"
Bergmann et al., US Patent 20,150,260,732, (2015) - PMID: n.a
"Method For Predicting The Risk Of Getting Cancer Or Diagnosing Cancer In A Female Subject"
Bergmann et al., US Patent 20,150,268,240 (2015) - PMID: n.a.
"Diagnostics and Risk Stratification by Means of the Novel Marker CT-PROADM"
Bergmann et al., US Patent 20,150,011,017 (2015) - PMID: n.a.
"Method for Predicting the Risk of Getting Cancer or Diagnosing Cancer in a Female Subject"
Bergmann et al., US Patent 20,150,031,144 (2015) - PMID: n.a.
"Method for Predicting the Risk of A Subject For Contracting Diabetes Mellitus And/Or Metabolic Syndrome Or For Diagnosing Metabolic Syndrome In a Subject"
Bergmann et al., US Patent 20,150,056,203, (2015) - PMID: n.a.
"Use of Precursors of Tachykinins and/or Their Fragments in Medical Diagnostic"
Bergmann et al., WO 2005/103712 - PMID: n.a.
"Use of Soluble Cytokeratine-1-Fragments in Diagnostics"
Bergmann et al., EP 1 399 476 B1 - PMID: n.a.
Read More References with Peptide Conjugates
Request a price for Peptide Conjugates
- Meeting Antigen Sequence Diversity with JPT's ULTRA Peptide Library Concept
- New software tools for peptide sequence design and mass calculations (July 2015)