PepSpots™ Peptides on Cellulose or membrane bound peptide arrays are efficient and inexpensive for antibody epitope mapping and protein-protein interaction studies.
Properties of PepSpots™ Membrane Arrays:
- Membrane-bound peptides synthesized directly on cellulose membranes by SPOT synthesis technology (SPOT peptide synthesis technique)
- SPOT synthesis is a fast and economic technique for custom peptide synthesis of hundreds of membrane peptides in parellel
- Membrane-bound peptide arrays (PepSpots™) are used for efficient and inexpensive antibody epitope mapping or protein-protein interaction studies.
- Easy experimental procedure (like ELISA), inexpensive equipment and flexible array and library formats
The method of choice for fast and reliable antibody epitope mapping and characterization are PepSpots™ Membrane Arrays. However, for high troughput screening with thousands of peptides and projects with unpurified samples (e.g. serum, lysate, blood) we recommend the use of PepStar™ Peptide Microarrays. Our customer support will be glad to help in case of question (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Peptides attached via||C-terminus||N-terminus|
|Reorder possible from same synthesis||No||Yes, up to several hundred|
|Immobilization of protein controls possible||No||Yes, up to 8 controls|
|Total incubation volume of diluted sample||Depending on number of peptides (several ml)||200 - 300 µl|
|Applicable to patient samples||Limited||Yes|
|Each peptide is displayed||1x||3x|
|Array surface||Cellulose membrane||Glass slide|
- Antibody epitope mapping
- Functional characterization of mapped epitopes (e.g substitutional or truncation analyses):
Which amino acids are critical for binding?
Which amino acids are so called "key-residues”?
- Characterization of protein-protein contact sites, such as:
- Protein modules involved in signal transduction processes
- Recognition sequences for heat shock proteins
- Rapid, low-cost and accurate synthesis using robotics (SPOT Technology)
- Hydrophilic surface of cellulose membranes
- Minimization of unspecific hydrophobic interactions with target molecule
- Easy detection using standard ELISA protocols
"Our teams at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel deal with a wide variety of projects in different areas of applied biological sciences. For many of them we are in need of peptide related tools and services ranging from peptide libraries and highly purified peptides to peptide arrays. In our search for an integrated and reliable provider we came across JPT. Meanwhile, we are collaborating with JPT for many years and are very satisfied with the relationship which led to several well received publications. Especially, their unique array technology helped us to enhance our knowledge on different protein protein interactions such as Chaperone-substrate recognition."
Prof. Joost W.H. Schymkowitz & Prof. Frederic Rousseau, VIB Switch Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Meeting Antigen Sequence Diversity with JPT's ULTRA Peptide Library Concept
- New software tools for peptide sequence design and mass calculations
--> Read more News