- Occurs at arginine or lysine residues, resulting in methylarginine or methyllysine
- Is an important post-translational modification of proteins
- For the synthesis of methylated peptides several methyl groups can be transferred to arginine or lysine (see figures)
- JPT can provide all of the mono-, di- and tri-methylated Arg and Lys analogs listed
- Are involved in the regulation of several cellular functions, e.g. transcription and cell division
- Prominent example: Methylation and demethylation of histones in epigenetic regulation, influencing the availability of DNA for transcription
Please also have a look at our PTM Reference & Kits for direct usage as reference material in mass-spectrometry based proteomics to support PTM proteomics.
Request a price for
Custom Peptide Synthesis
Everything You Need To Know about Peptides
Check our new educational webpage about Peptide Formats
Boost Peptide Reliability with Peptide Analysis Services
JPT not only is the expert for peptide synthesis, but also conducts a wide variety of peptide analysis services.
Improve your Assays with PTM Reference Peptide Standards
JPT launches The Human Proteome Peptide Catalog
--> Read more news