- Occurs at arginine or lysine residues, resulting in methylarginine or methyllysine
- Is an important post-translational modification of proteins
- For the synthesis of methylated peptides several methyl groups can be transferred to arginine or lysine (see figures)
- JPT can provide all of the mono-, di- and tri-methylated Arg and Lys analogs listed
- Are involved in the regulation of several cellular functions, e.g. transcription and cell division
- Prominent example: Methylation and demethylation of histones in epigenetic regulation, influencing the availability of DNA for transcription
Please also have a look at our PTM Reference & Kits for direct usage as reference material in mass-spectrometry based proteomics to support PTM proteomics.
Request a price for
Custom Peptide Synthesis
Boost Peptide Reliability with Peptide Analysis Services
JPT not only is the expert for peptide synthesis, but also conducts a wide variety of peptide analysis services.
Improve your Assays with PTM Reference Peptide Standards
JPT launches The Human Proteome Peptide Catalog
--> Read more news