Peptide Conjugates - KLH, BSA
For effective immunization and generation of anti-peptide antibodies, the use of peptide conjugates (peptides conjugated to carrier proteins e.g. BSA, KLH and RSA) is recommended since peptides alone are usually insufficient in generating an immune response. We offer a peptide conjugation service based on our long-term experience.
- Peptide synthesis and purification
- Find a suited conjugation chemistry to couple your peptides to the carrier molecule
- We can help to select the most suitable carrier protein to improve the chance of producing high titer antibodies towards the peptide antigen of interest
Choose the best carrier protein for your conjugate:
- The conjugated immunogen should present a peptide epitope similar to that observed in the native protein
- The correct orientation and flexibility should be mimicked
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin (KLH) and bovine serum albumin (BSA) are routinely used as carrier proteins.
Many carrier proteins (e.g. ovalbumin, thyroglobulin, tetanus toxoid, diphtheria toxoid, tuberculin PPD) and conjugation procedures (e.g. glutaraldehyde, bis-diazotised tolidine (BDT), carbodiimide) are available upon request.
Specifications for Peptide Conjugates
- Different crosslinking chemistries available (MBS, WSC, glutaraldehyde and more)
o Glutaraldehyde - links carrier molecules to N-terminus of peptide
o Carbodiimide (WSC), - attaches carrier to C-terminus of peptide
o Succinimide esters (e.g. MBS, SMCC) - binds free amino group and Cys residues
- Different carriers available (KLH, BSA, ovalbumin, thyroglobulin and more)
- Purification: low molecular weight contaminants will be eliminated by size filtration
- QC/QA: MALDI MS (except for KLH)
- Small organic molecule conjugation available
- Amount: 1 to 100mg/peptide can be conjugated
- Delivery: as chilled peptide-conjugate solutions
- Our peptide synthesis, purification as well as aliquotation and pooling are performed uder our strict ISO certified quality management standards.
All production is performed according to ISO 9001:2015 standards.