The coronavirus family comprises several viruses such as
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV)
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
- Middle East respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus (MERS)
- Common cold coronaviruses HCoV 229E, OC43, HKU1 and NL63
- Various animal coronaviruses
Coronaviruses have a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and characteristic spikes on their surface, which create an image reminding of the solar corona.
The spikes are composed of Spike proteins (S protein) which contain two subunits. Subunit S1 forms the spike head with the receptor binding domain (RBD). Subunit S2 forms the stem and enables fusion with the host cell. S1 proteins are the most variable components of the virus as they are responsible for host cell specificity.
Spike protein, membrane protein (M) and envelope protein (E) are anchored in the viral envelope, a lipid bilayer.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study Coronaviruses
JPT is an expert for manufacturing a wide variety of synthetic peptide formats for research and clinical applications in the development of immunotherapy and vaccines and immune monitoring. Our researchers constantly develop new products for well-known infectious diseases such as HIV, TB or HBV as well as newly emerging diseases such as MERS, SARS and COVID-19.
We have broadened our portfolio of coronavirus related products beyond SARS-CoV-2, including products and services for SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV and common cold viruses CoV 229E, OC43, HKU1 and NL63.
- Humoral immune monitoring
- Antibody epitope discovery
- Cross-reactivity testing (SARS-CoV-2 vs. SARS, MERS, HCoV 229E, OC43…)
- Serological test development discovery
- Immune monitoring
- Antibody epitope discovery
- Screening individual antigens of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS
- Serological test development
- Thousands of peptides spanning entire antigens or genomes
- Incubation using smallest sample volumes
- Study of antibody cross-reactivities between SARS-CoV-2 and other corona viruses
- Verification of peptide binders with a large numbers of samples
- Transfer of results to ELISA platform for rapid test development
- Peptide ELISA development and service using virus antigen peptides
- ELISA-based validation service of peptide binders identified by using JPT’s peptide microarray platform
- Collaborative ELISA test development
Clinical Trial Immune Monitoring & Cell Therapy
- High quality chemically synthesized antigen source for vaccine trial monitoring
- Ancillary reagents for cellular therapy development
- Full analytical coverage, stability testing, batch documentation and more
- Peptide pool of stable isotope labeled peptides from relevant SARS CoV-2 antigens
- Identify and quantify virus antigens from biological samples using mass spectrometry based assays (MRM)
- Screen 23 ready-made proteotypic peptides from SARS-CoV-2
Order your custom SpikeMix™ > SpikeMix™ SARS-CoV-2
Evaluation of the mRNA-1273 Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 in Nonhuman Primates
Corbett et al, New England J of Med (2020)
Presence of SARS-CoV-2 reactive T cells in COVID-19 Patients and Healthy Donors
Braun et al, Nature (2020)
Single-shot Ad26 Vaccine Protects against SARS-CoV-2 in Rhesus Macaques
Mercado et al, Nature (2020)
Safety and Immunogenicity of a Modified Vaccinia Virus Ankara Vector Vaccine Candidate for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome: an Open-Label, Phase 1 Trial
Koch et al, Lancet (2020)
Data, Reagents, Assays and Merits of Proteomics for SARS-CoV-2 Research and Testing
Zecha et al, Mol Cell Proteomics (2020)
Self-amplifying RNA SARS-CoV-2 Lipid Nanoparticle Vaccine Candidate Induces High Neutralizing Antibody Titers in Mice
McKay et al, Nature 2020
The Antiviral Potential of ERK/MAPK and PI3K/AKT/mTOR Signaling Modulation for MERS-CoV Infection as Identified by Temporal Kinome Analysis
Kindrachuk et al, Antimicrob Agents Chemother. (2014)
Check our list of products,
click and go.
JPT’s SARS CoV-2 Products Deliver Meaningful Results!
SARS-COV-2 Spike & NCAP Mutations as PepMix™ Peptide Pools
Study SARS CoV-2 Cross Reactive T-Cells with EMPS-Peptides from Endemic HCoV’s
SARS COV-2 Mass Spec Reference Kit Released!
Mission Completed! Purified SARS-CoV-2 PepMixes™ & Peptide Arrays
--> Read more News