JPT provides a multitude of innovative research tools to the proteomics community. Besides high-throughput chemical and analytical approaches to accelerate discovery of novel biomarkers from biological samples, JPT developed a new mass spectrometry-based peptide standard technique for absolute quantification of target proteins in clinical and targeted proteomics. Furthermore, JPT has a decade-long track record providing services and project expertise in the area of functional proteomics ranging from elucidation of protein-protein interactions and enzymatic activities to epigenetic regulation.
Applications in Proteomics:
- Target discovery and validation: we evaluate the effect of your target protein in biological networks
- Biomarker discovery: we quantify hundreds of proteins, e.g. tumor associated antigens from patient blood samples in one experiment, and correlate the quantities and post-translational modification status with clinical data
- Clinical monitoring: monitoring the effect of therapeutic intervention and disease status is vital to understand and describe the effects of applied drugs on target proteins; especially the parallel quantification of large numbers of relevant proteins will facilitate personalized medicine approaches, patient stratification and companion diagnostic development
- Proteome wide quantification of proteins and protein modification states
- Proteome wide characterization of enzymatic activities or enzyme families
- Parallel identification and quantification of hundreds of proteins
- Simultaneous determination of post-translational modification
- Cost efficient multiplexed assay
- Reliable high-throughput technique
- High sensitivity
Selected References for Systems Biology
"A Multiplexed, Targeted Mass Spectrometry Assay of the S100 Protein Family Uncovers the Isoform-Specific Expression in Thyroid Tumours"
Martinez-Aguilar et al., BMC Cancer Sample (2015) - PMID: n.a.
"Immunocapture-selected Reaction Monitoring Screening Facilitates the Development of ELISA for the Measurement of Native TEX101 in Biological Fluids"
Korbakis et al., Mol Cell Proteomics (2015) - PMID: 25813379
"Needles in the Blue Sea: Sub-Species Specificity in Targeted Protein Biomarker Analyses Within the Vast Oceanic Microbial Metaproteome"
Saito et al., Proteomics (2015) - PMID: 26097212
"Mass-Spectrometry-Based Draft of the Human Proteome"
Wilhelm et al., Nature (2014) - PMID: 24870543
"Multiple Nutrient Stresses at Intersecting Pacific Ocean Biomes Detected by Protein Biomarkers"
Saito et al., Science (2014) - PMID: 25190794
"Absolute Quantification of Transcription Factors During Cellular Differentiation Using Multiplexed Targeted Proteomics"
Simicevic et al., Nat Methods (2013) - PMID: 23584187
"Multiple Reaction Monitoring of Multiple Low-Abundance Transcription Factors in Whole Lung Cancer Cell Lysates"
Kim et al., J Proteome Res (2013) – PMID: 23586733
"Label-free Selected Reaction Monitoring Enables Multiplexed Quantitation of S100 Protein Isoforms in Cancer Cells"
Martínez-Aguilar et al., J Proteome res (2013) – PMID: 23782132
Partner with us
Contact: Tanja Kaan