Immune Monitoring & Biomarker Discovery
JPT Peptide Technologies possesses a variety of unique peptide based technologies allowing systematic and proteome spanning B- and T-cell biomarker discovery. Our tools and know-how were successfully used in various discovery projects leading to new diagnostic and stratification markers in indications such as cancer, infection, autoimmune disease and allergy.
Furthermore, JPT applies its proprietary techniques to develop tailored immune monitoring tools and services for high resolution profiling of humoral and cellular immune responses. Results show changes of the immune response and can be correlated to clinical data.
In contrast to other approaches on the market, our technologies allow monitoring of individual epitope patterns as well as epitope spreading and address natural sequence diversity and post-translational modifications.
Contact us for further information and discussion!
Applications in Immune Monitoring & Biomarker
- Biomarker discovery: JPT offers its technologies and expertise in discovery projects targeting specific B- and T-cell epitopes that can be used as markers for early diagnosis and progression of diseases as well as patient stratification. For the first time, high-throughput proteome spanning screening can be combined with high resolution epitope based profiling.
- Development of immune monitoring tools: JPT applies its patented approaches and know how to develop peptide based immune monitoring tools targeting specific antigens or antigen families. The combination of technological and bioinformatic know-how with profound expertise in assay development provides efficient access to epitope resolved profiling for cellular and humoral immune responses.
- Assay development & sample profiling: JPT’s experienced scientists will work with you to develop the optimal screening strategy for your project. Seroprofiling assays are performed in JPT’s S2 laboratory environment using automatic incubation stations assuring performance of robust and reproducible incubation protocols. JPT’s peptide screening platform is compatible with antibodies, sera, whole blood and any other biological fluids that contain antibodies.
Benefits of Immune Monitoring and Biomarker Discovery
- Proprietary technologies for multiplexed identification and quantification of epitopes for multiple antigens or entire proteomes
- No other approach addresses sequence diversity and posttranslational modifications in a similar fashion
- State of the art infrastructure allowing organic chemistry, sensitive production workflows (cleanroom) and assays including usage of infectious patient materials (S2 laboratories)
- Extensive bioinformatic capabilities for peptide design and data evaluation
- Track record in managing discovery and development projects
- All projects regulated according to DIN ISO 9001:2015 guidelines
Selected References for Immune Monitoring & Biomarker Discovery
"Antibody Responses After Analytic Treatment Interruption in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1-Infected Individuals on Early Initiated Antiretroviral Therapy"
Stephenson et al., Open Forum Infect Dis. (2016) - PMID: PMC4943535
"Fine Specificity of the Antibody Response to Epstein-Barr Nuclear Antigen-2 and Other Epstein-Barr Virus Proteins in Patients with Clinically Isolated Syndrome: A Peptide Microarray-Based Case-Control Study"
Schlemm et al., J Neuroimmunol (2016) - PMID: 27397076
"Protective Efficacy of Adenovirus/Protein Vaccines Against SIV Challenges in Rhesus Monkeys"
Barouch et al., Science (2015) - PMID: 26138104
"Quantification of the Epitope Diversity of HIV-1-specific Binding Antibodies by Peptide Microarrays for Global HIV-1 Vaccine Development"
Stephenson et al., J Immunol Methods (2014) - PMID: 25445329
"Multiple Sclerosis: the Elevated Antibody Response to Epstein-Barr Virus Primarily Targets, but is not Confined to, the Glycine-Alanine Repeat of Epstein-Barr Nuclear Antigen-1"
Ruprecht et al., J Neuroimmunol (2014) - PMID: 24798244
Partner with us
Contact: Tanja Kaan