Drug Discovery & Optimization
JPT Peptide Technologies applies its proprietary peptide technologies, bioinformatic and medicinal chemistry know-how and decade-long track record managing R&D projects contract research and R&D collaborations in the following areas:
Our experience in Drug Discovery and Optimization can be applied in peptide based drug and vaccine projects, in the discovery of peptidic additives for the cosmetic and nutritional industry, in the development of affinity ligands for the purification of biomolecules, as well as in content determination for novel immune diagnostics.
Applications in Drug Discovery & Optimization
- Discovery of peptidic agonistic or antagonistic ligands for proteins, protein complexes or antibodies
- Optimization of peptides in terms of binding affinity, agonistic or antagonistic efficacy and physicochemical and PK properties
- Identification and optimization of affinity ligands for the purification of therapeutic proteins or antibodies
- Identification and optimization for the development of alternative binding assays for complicated target proteins (e.g. membrane proteins)
- Development of peptides as active ingredients or excipients in drug formulations (e.g. to increase stability) or nutritional and cosmetic products, respectively
"Peptide Microarrays Enable Rapid Mimotope Optimization for Pharmacokinetic Analysis of the Novel Therapeutic Antibody IMAB362"
Schnatbaum et al., Biotechnol J. (2014) - PMID: 24497417
"High Density Peptide Microarrays for Proteome-wide Fingerprinting of Kinase Activities in Cell Lysates"
Thiele et al., Methods Mol. Biol. (2010) - PMID:20857366
"Novel Small Molecule Bradykinin B1 Receptor Antagonists. Part 3: Hydroxyurea Derivatives"
Schnatbaum et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. (2010) - PMID: 20036120
"Novel Small Molecule Bradykinin B1 Receptor Antagonists. Part 2: 5-Membered Diaminoheterocycles"
Zischinsky, Schnatbaum et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. (2010) - PMID: 20015651
"Novel Small Molecule Bradykinin B1 Receptor Antagonists. Part 1: Benzamides and Semicarbazides"
Schaudt, Schnatbaum et al., Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. (2010) - PMID: 20015645
"Small Molecule Bradykinin B2 Receptor Modulators"
Gibson, Schnatbaum et al., WO 2010/031589 (2010)
"TFPI Inhibitors and Methods of Use"
Dockal, Reimer et al., WO 2010/071894 (2010)
"Small Molecule Antagonists of the Bradykinin B1 Receptor"
Locardi, Reimer et al., WO002009036996 (2009)
"Peptide Arrays for Enzyme Profiling"
Thiele, Zerweck et al., Methods Mol. Biol. (2009)
"Novel Small Molecule Bradykinin B2 Receptor Antagonists"
Gibson, Schnatbaum et al., J. Med. Chem. (2009)
"8-Oxy-Quinoline Derivatives as Bradykinin B2 Receptor Modulators"
Gibson, Schnatbaum et al., WO08116620 (2008)
Partner with us
Contact: Tanja Kaan
Read our New Application Note on systematic mimotope optimization using JPT's peptide array technology