Peptide Tools to Study Monkeypox Virus
About Monkeypox Virus
Monkeypox virus (Orthopoxvirus simiae) belongs to the family of Poxviridae, which can cause a zoonotic disease commonly referred to Monkeypox. 83 species belong to this family of these double- stranded DNA viruses including the orthopox subfamily with
- Smallpox virus (Variola)
- Vaccinia virus
- Cowpox virus
- Rabbitpox virus
- Monkeypox virus
Of note, the common chickenpox virus (varicella zoster virus) is a herpesvirus and does not belong to the poxviruses.
Cross-immunity within the Orthopox subfamily
Vaccination against smallpox seems to be quite effective (approx. 85%) in preventing monkeypox as
shown in several observational studies.
This could be because many of the viral proteins show great levels of homology within different
orthopoxviridae as shown in belows table.
|Uniprot ID||Protein name||PepMix Product Code||Homology (%)*|
|O57206||IMV heparin binding surface protein (MVA093L)||PM-MVA-093L||96.6|
|O57211||Cell surface-binding protein (MVA105L)||PM-MVA-105L||97|
|O57196||Putative 49.8k protein (MVA 074R)||PM-MVA-074R||98.8|
|P68598||Host range protein 2 (MVA018L)||PM-MVA-018L||99.3|
|O57223||Major core protein P4a (MVA 121L)||PM-MVA-121L||98.3|
|O57265||Putative 21.7k protein (MVA189R)||PM-MVA-189R||63.5|
* defined as the percentage of residues with a positive BLOSUM50 score (gap is score -5) in a comparison of aligned sequences.
Table 1: Homology of different vaccinia antigens that are represented in JPT’s proprietary PepMix
peptide pools with the respective monkeypox antigens.
JPT's Peptide Tools to Study Monkeypox Virus
Cellular Immune Response Profiling
- efficient for antigen-specific stimulation in T cell assays such as ELISPOT and flow cytometry
- highest quality and batch-to-batch consistency, whole production ISO 9001 certified
- PepMix Pan-Poxviridae Select: 127 immunodominant peptide epitopes combining all major antigens of Monkeypox virus (MPXV), Smallpox virus (VARV), Vaccinia virus (VACV), Variola virus (VARV)
- PepMix peptide pools for various Vaccinia virus antigens: e.g. Protein L3, IMV heparin binding surface protein, cell surface-binding protein and more
- Custom PepMix™ Peptide Pools tailored for your specific needs!
- T-cell assays * High-throughput T-cell epitope discovery
- Monitoring of cellular immune response
Humoral Immune Response Profiling
- Immune monitoring of humoral responses
- Profiling of monkeypox-specific samples or antibodies
- Evaluation of co-infection * Detection of epitopes and epitope spreading
- PepStar peptide microarrays for various Vaccinia virus antigens: e.g. Protein L3, IMV heparin binding surface protein, cell surface-binding protein and more
- Tailored PepStar™ Peptide Microarrays, you define content and layout